Friday, July 21, 2006

Saying goodbye

There are boxes all around me. It's moving day.

It's been a roller coaster ride this week -- freaking out over not beign able to get everythign packed, crying over leaving good friends behind, laughing over fun memories.

We're moving from a metro area of 4 million to a town of about 3500. No malls, no Target, no Costco, no Borders. No longer will we have nearly every type of cuisine imaginable available to us on a daily basis.

Obviously, we want to make this move. And I know it's the right thing for us, no matter how much I'm going to miss being able to see my wonderful friends pretty much any time. The new town is not without amenities; there's a movie theater, bookstore, fabulous barbecue places. Everything we need on a daily basis is there. Plus, we'll have goats for neighbors, which, well, here it's against the deed restrictions.

I'm excited by the prospect of moving to this town and I can't wait to be in our lovely little house. I really can't wait for this house to sell, so we have disposable income again. Mostly, I can't wait for my fabulous friends to come visit us.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?