Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Look out, Houston

It's finally happened.

I passed my road test and I now have my driver's license.

This allows me to do all sorts of fun things, like actually drive to the doctor's office tomorrow to see my neurologist, rather than have to make complicated bus plans.

I'm not sure how much I'll want to drive by myself in Houston, but I think I'll be OK when we move. In fact, I drove almost an hour of the trip home today, proving to myself that I can drive 70 and pass somebody, plus get to the nearest town that has more than just a small Home Depot.

After being dependent on others (be they my husband, friends, or the bus) for so long, it's kind of strange to actually know I can get in the car whenever I want and go do something. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it.

Comments:
And as much as you've been terrified at the thought of driving, particularly in Houston, what do you do in your first full day back in town? Drive me to work so you could go to a doctor's appointment, and after I get home from work you drive to a nearby mall to get your hair done.

Methinks Ms. Walker has turned into Ms. Wheeler. She's been pricing cars recently, too! Sorry -- gotta sell this house first...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?