Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Moving suck-diddly-ucks

Buying the new house was the easy part, of course. It pretty much always is, in my experience. It's the selling the old one and moving into the new one that's a problem.

Right now, I'm sitting on the sofa in the den, surrounded by piles of boxes. We're getting new carpet in the bedrooms today. All is quiet right now, but it won't be for long. I'm sure the cats are going to spontaneously combust when they realize they can't hide under the bed all day. Reemy will be either outside or in her crate till The Sweetie comes home and helps me figure out how to put up the baby gate so I can keep her in the kitchen. She likes being there, chilling on the cool tile (she's there now, in fact), so it's not like that's a hardship.

I boxed up all my books yesterday. I'd forgotten that I primarily used book boxes last time, ones that I'd picked up from the bookstore I worked at in California. Which meant that I just started filling boxes with books, then couldn't move them. Which meant that I had to open them, move some of the books out of those boxes and into new ones, then find lightweight stuff to fill the rest of the box. Pillows work well for that, incidentally.

As I look around, I'm not entirely sure how we're going to fit all the stuff in the new house. It's way smaller than this house, but I feel like I've already thrown out, donated, or sold off a lot of stuff already and can't really wrap my brain around the idea that I might need to get rid of more stuff. I think it looks like a lot of stuff because so much of it is all in one room. The rest of the rooms are almost empty, so maybe if I was in there, I'd feel better.

Except that I'd have to look at the ugly carpet we're having taken out today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?